Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday/Christening Flower Arrangements

I was going to hire my favorite florist to do flowers for the christening but I decided to take a risk, have some fun, and do them myself.  I have SO many vases from past arrangements - from my wedding shower, baby shower, the hubby - so I decided to use what I have.  I had bought a few mason jars recently at my little local antique store and one happened to be filled with old buttons.  And I had LOTS of burlap left over from my front porch trees and other holiday decorationsHere's what happened!!

Only a few from my vase collection...


Old buttons...


A mix of greens I clipped from out back and whatever white flowers I could find between BJ's and Stop & Shop (white carnations, which I usually don't like but they looked nice and let's face it they are inexpensive, so I think I'll give them another chance; green hydrangeas, white roses, and white snapdragons...)


Working on them in the kitchen (I am really anal and I don't like it when you can see the stems through clear glass vases so I used some of the bigger hydrangea leaves to line the vases and cover the stems from being seen; hosta leaves are also good for this when they are in season becase they are big and you can just clip them from the yard)...


And the final product...


I think I did about 9 or 10 arrangements total.  They looked great...and still do...and smell great from the fresh greens!

~E


No comments:

Post a Comment