Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Twigs Everywhere!

The hubby keeps asking..."What's with the twigs...?" (They took over the basement!)

I really wanted to stick with my organic winter wonderland theme this year - but I really needed some splashes of metallics & silver to spruce it up and make it feel a bit more modern.  I ventured through the woods to find some very nice branches and went crazy with the silver spray paint...again.

I used containers I already had - a cheap pot I picked up at Homegoods last spring and sprayed gloss white, as well as some other antique glass bottles and mason jars I recently scooped up at my new favorite little antique store nearby.  At that same store I found a big bag of clear beach glass, as well as some pretty antique ornaments.  I grabbed a bag of reindeer moss at JoAnn Fabrics and here's what happened... 

These little guys greet us in our back mudroom...


These are resting on a little turquoise cabinet in our downstairs bathroom off the kitchen...


And in the same bathroom...


This silver twig tree is accompanied by two mini-versions in mason jars I stuffed with beach glass...

 


I love the shape and color of the silver branches mixed with pretty antique ornaments and some old glass jars.

And I still have plenty of twigs left to spray silver and use in the rest of my decorating!  I have some in our master bathroom and I'll intertwine some in my staircase garland...ohhhh the possibilities.

Enjoy!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment