Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christening Party & Decorations

I've showed you all of my holiday decorations, which I worked long and hard to set up for Baby B's first Christmas as well as his christening, since we were hosting our family & friends at our home after the ceremony. 

I made a big chalkboard to greet guests on the front porch and welcome everyone to "Bentley's House."  And at a recent family reunion we took some funny pics of him with his nametag on his forehead, so I thought it would be fun to blow one up to 8x10 and frame it on the front porch. 


Here is the bar area set up in the kitchen with my "Enjoy a cocktail" sign and "It's beginning to look a lot like cocktails" napkins.  I stuck with my browns/jute and used white chalk to write the sign.  I also incorporated my pointsettias.


On the counter across from the bar I had one of the two dessert areas set up.  I wanted to incorporate Bentley's christening invite, so I cut out a piece of cardboard, wrapped it in burlap, mounted his invite, and then set it on the little mini-easel on my counter (which I had picked up at Homegoods awhile back and sprayed high gloss white; usually it holds a Cooking Light or my Martha Stewart cookbook, not that I reference either but they look nice on my easel)...


I found cardboard letters at JoAnn Fabrics so I set them up on the other dessert area, which was just one of my console tables, surrounded with more cupcakes...


We also had a coffee station set up so I made little tags and hung them above both coffee machines to label regular/decaf for our guests.


In the staircase garland I incorporated round cardboard signs that spelled "Bentley."  I cut out cardboard circles, attached some brown wrapping paper, and wrote the letters in white chalk. 


In the office I covered the hubby's desk with a plastic tablecloth (in case anyone spilled!) and then white wrapping paper.  I had so many pictures of family & friends with Bentley over the last few months, so I decided it would be nice to print them out and let guests take home a picture of themselves w/Bentley as a little momento of the occasion. 


And you've seen my flowers.  I love them!!

We had TONS of food - I seriously overshopped!!!  My hubby will read this and make a joke about cheese, no doubt.  Goodies included Armenian mezza prepared by DeDe & Dup, Grammy & Grampy's signature stuffed mushrooms & swedish meatballs, plus cheeses, veggies, fruit, etc.  And for dessert I opted for vanilla & chocolate cupcakes with white frosting from our hometown grocery store - they make a mean cupcake!!

It was wonderful to host and be surrounded by our family & friends...


We also had a nice Armenian home blessing ceremony to top of a wonderful day.  Even Hurley was blessed! :)


Thanks again to everyone for coming to spend this special day with us and for loving our little guy so much!

Does anyone need a block of cheese or some celery?!!!  We've got extra!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment