Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PROJECT = Antique Oak Cabinet Turns Red

I've been waiting to post this little gem, so here 'tis!  This was an OLD oak cabinet my mother-in-law found on the side of the road and had sitting in the basement of the Cape house for a long time.  ENTER = ME.  It was pretty beat up and needed some knobs but I took it home and gussied her up.  Sorry, no before pics!  I think they are on the other computer which is DEAD at the moment.  I used some tomato red paint and a light minty aqua (the same color as Bentley's nursery).  I added some glass pulls from Lowe's and two aqua knobs from Anthropologie.  And then of course I distressed the CRAP out of it - sanded it down a lot to show some of the original wood, and got some nice chippy corners.
Most of the other pieces of furniture I've refinished have been either white or some variation of white - except for a few chairs that I've done in different green shades and another set in turquoise.  This one was a risk for me but I'm happy with how it turned out, and its a nice contrast to the dark walls in my hubby's office. 
Have a great day!
~E

No comments:

Post a Comment