Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HOLIDAY PORCH DECOR!!

Here 'tis!!  After lots of work and the hubby screwing these bad boys into the deck so they don't blow over anymore, here's how it looks!

A mix of pics with lights both on & off...





 







At night...


Most of the trees were pre-lit, except the two larger ones. They are all artificial, but I went out to my woods and cut sprigs of fresh spruce/pine in order to fill some of the gaps. I used a mix of bubble wrap and old newspapers to stuff the bases, wrap them with burlap, and then secure them with jute. I used the little green antique box (the one I just showed you...) to hold one of the smaller trees, covered it over with some burlap, and then mixed in some pinecones and silver ornaments in its little compartments. The small red bench was a score for $15 at my local antique store. My plain white mailbox was bothering me, so I took a piece of very thin cardboard (from the inside of a roll of wrapping paper), secured it to the top/lid of our mailbox, and just wrote a simple phrase with white chalk ~ "Peace on Earth." The white pots I already had from Ikea/Homegoods, so I took a roll of jute and wrapped the tops of the pots for a little organic, natural feeling "trim" and stuffed them with pinecones and more silver ornaments.

*If* time permits (and I don't think it will...) I really wanted to add a large twig arch above the entrace to the porch with branches that I would spray silver and secure with wire and burlap. I think that may be a little ambitious for this year. I am also debating adding some silver ornaments hanging from the ceiling of the porch, over in the left corner for a little extra shine. We'll see!

What do you think? I know its not quite Anthropologie's version - I REALLY wish I could add faux snow but it will just blow away - but I am liking my version!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment