Tuesday, December 7, 2010

White Pointsettias

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a fan of faux florals. It took a lot for me to buy fake trees this year for my winter wonderland - as much as I'd like to buy real trees every year, if I spring for the faux stuff this year I'll have it for years to come. And like I did this year, I can fill the trees in with sprigs of real pine/spruce, etc. from my woods out back. (I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO BUYING A FAKE CHRISTMAS TREE THOUGH...I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!) So, back at JoAnn's again...yes, I was there AGAIN...I spotted some fake white pointsettias, 2/$8. I was going to buy real ones but these were actually pretty decent looking. EXCEPT, they had these weird centers to them that were really fake looking to me (yellowish plasticy nubs)...


Add a little silver glitter paint to sparkle up those fugly centers...


Then, on to potting...


Then I filled them in with clippings of greenery from the back yard...


And added some silver twigs to go with the rest of my decor...


And with some burlap, my finished products!!



Have a great day!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment