Friday, July 16, 2010

Where am I? What day is it?

Today I'll tell you about a little thing called "baby brain."  Hopefully it will bring you a Friday laugh at my expense!  Let me tell you, baby brain is a VERY real phenomenon.  Just ask my husband.  Here are just a few of the most IDIOTIC things I've done over the last 9 months, in no special order:

1. I pulled up to Dunkin Donuts and tried to pay with my license instead of debit card.  The nice lady at the window told me she wishes she could take my license for payment but couldn't.

2. I bought a new bedskirt for our master bedroom.  After putting it on, I couldn't figure out why the damn thing was so short - it barely covered the MATTRESS...well, Mum came over later that day to help with some things and realized that dumbo preggers was putting it on top of the mattress instead of underneath it. DUHHH.

3. I've now been to 38 weeks worth of Drs. appointments at the same office/location - yet most visits I've gotten lost and gone the complete wrong direction on the highway. I was really proud of myself when for the first time in months I went the right direction/exit on the highway - until I proceeded about 4-5 exits past the hospital exit I was supposed to take, then went to the wrong floor as well.  I would say by week 32 maybe, I finally got it down. 

4. This is a good one...how about the night I ran out of gas - at 9PM on one of the coldest nights of the year. I had to call Christopher to bring me gas (fortunately I was only about 5-6 miles from home). While waiting I wolfed down leftover Bertuccis pizza in my car with a cop stopped behind me - police flood light and all - to make sure I was OK.  Now you're talking to someone who, until my new car a few years ago with its electronic gas reader thing - that gauge that tells you how many miles you have left, NEVER let my gas get below 1/4 tank.  Ugh.

5. While being a good housewife and paying all of the bills - or so I thought - I inadvertently paid several hundred dollars towards our gym membership instead of our credit card.  While paying the bills online, I put the dollar amount into the wrong online "biller" because the gym biller was directly above the credit card biller.  Then the next month when our credit card balance was high Chris realized something was wrong.  It took a call to the nice lady at the bank to figure it out (she laughed at me).  Ummm YA something was wrong, I paid off our gym membership for years! (Don't worry, we are getting a credit from the gym for the full amount.  They thought it was funny, too.)

REALLY?!?! What a flake I've been!  This does not include the number of times I've forgotten what day it is, what my birthday is, account numbers, or asked Chris the same question 10 times because I kept forgetting I already asked him.

I bet this doesn't even scrape the surface either - but I can't remember anything else! BECAUSE OF BABY BRAIN!

Enjoy the weekend!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment