Friday, July 9, 2010

PROJECT = Chalkboard

I've been into chalkboards lately.  Random, I know.  I've found a couple of cute ones on Etsy... 

{Etsy shop - julieseabury}

{Etsy shop - myadobecottage}

***An important sidenote: Never heard of Etsy?  ETSY IS AMAZING.  It's an online shopping experience, bringing you great finds and unique pieces from indivuduals and very small businesses all over the country & the world.  From people like stay-at-home Mom's, for example, who may otherwise not have the chance to share their creativity on a broad scale.  Too much to chat about here, so I will fill you in on a later post.  YES, it's that incredible, it needs a whole section of its own! 

Back to chalkboards!  I had my handyman cut me a piece of scrap wood, which we have plenty of sitting around the basement.  I hit it with some sandpaper, did a little edging with the draw bar, then a bit more sanding to smooth out the edges.  Then some paint - first a couple of coats of turquoise paint (over time you'll realize it's my FAV color), and finally the chalkboard paint (both of which I already had)...and VOILA! 



*I thought the lilies were pretty in my West Elm recycled glass bud vases, hence the close up.*

I think I'll be making more soon, one for the mudroom and one for Auntie Diane (Chris' Mom).  We have plenty of scrap wood and different paint colors lying around - an easy and fun project! 

Do you have any fun chalkboard ideas?  Or other ideas for chalkboard paint? (It's GREAT on walls for kids, too!)

~E

1 comment:

  1. Where can i place my order?? My kitchen needs one please!!!! Love all the chalkboards they look great....you are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete