Monday, July 12, 2010

ROOM REVEAL: The Nursery

This weekend we finished up a few last minute things to get ready for Bob's arrival...

Final Babies "R" Us trip = CHECK.
Nursery = CHECK.
Bags packed for hospital = CHECK.

And now we wait.  In the meantime, I can share Baby Bob's nursery with you.  Here 'tis!

BEFORE we even moved in (it was Chris' office in between, but I don't have pics)...
(Sorry so dark, this was taken on my old camera over 4 years ago & was probably later in the day the way the sun is barely coming in)

...and AFTER... 
*Usually I don't like a ceiling fan w/light kit, but we needed both and this light was subtle enough that the electrician and I let it slide.
*Curtains from Urban Outfitters.
*Bedding & changing pad cover from Serena and Lily.
*Yes, that is a stuffed bulldogge resting on the changing pad!
*West Elm floating shelves.
*LOVE my Anthropologie animal heads - bought them MONTHS ago.
*My alternative to a traditional rocker = modern chair & West Elm sheepskin pouf.
*Another bulldogge - this time surfing on a penguin's back! 

Check out Baby Strazz's dresser details here.

TA DA!  What do you think?!  Of course, I am envisioning at least a couple of additions already:

There is A LOT of beige rug for  me to handle.  I'd like an area rug - something like this from Ikea...
{image by Ikea}
And maybe down the road a children's size Panton chair in orange...
{image by Unica Home}

Thanks to Dad for helping me paint the nursery (OK, so he did most of it!), Mum for helping organize, and the hubby for doing the "usual" - hanging LOTS of stuff! 

~E

7 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!! I love the floating shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get this fan? I, too, am in need of a ceiling/light combo + can't find anything I don't hate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! Look at Minka Aire for fans. They can be pricer than what you would find a Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. but they are good quality and nice looking - my husband is an electrician and he likes the brand. They also have a remote control switch (look to makes it comes w/one if you find one you like) - to install in the wall itself - that controls the lighting & fans in one. So no extra remote controls lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your link through Spearmint Baby! I absolutely love your nursery! I am working on mine right now! What color did you use on the walls? And where did you find the modern chair? I love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - thanks for the nice comment! The walls are Benny Moore "Opal Essence." I'm a big Benny Moore fan, they have some nice turquoise/aqua colors. The chair is from Boston Interiors - I don't think they ship out-of-state though. West Elm usually has nice modern-style chairs at a reasonable price, too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!! I appreciate it! Congrats on your new bundle of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "keep calm, and carry on" sign. I have a "keep calm, and have a cupcake" one in my kitchen. The room came out great!

    ReplyDelete