Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nursery "Treasures"

As a follow up to yesterday's nursery reveal, I wanted to share some (what I consider to be...) little treasures in the room.  I love family tradition, old family photos, heirlooms and items that have been passed down, and especially thoughtful things from family & friends.  Call me sentimental!  It warms my chubby little (actually, its probably big & swollen) pregnant heart. 

This is one of my FAV pics of Christopher & I (and trust me, I have A LOT), hanging outside the nursery door.  Last summer we went to Las Vegas with friends and renewed our vows at THE Little White Wedding Chapel.  Yup, I'm a geek like that.  And our son should be proud of his crazy Mama & Daddy!

When Chris and his brothers were little, his parents would read them short stories from Aesop's Fables.  For Christmas this year, we each got our own copy.

This little guy was Christopher's when he was just a wee-boy.

A couple of baby pics of the soon-to-be-parents (still a scary thought, I really think we should have been screened for this!!!). 

My Nana knitted this for my Mum & Dad before I was born.  I love having different items from our grandparents.  This will be traveling to the hospital with us.

These teddies are from our grandmothers.  The reddish one on the left was handmade by Chris' Dama.  The one on the right - his name is "Bunky" - was one of my favorite teddies growing up, given to me by my Gram.

To add to the gang, we have a little blue guy from my Mum & Dad (grandparent names TBD!) and a white teddy from DeDe & Dup (Chris' Mom & Dad).

If you looked at the nursery pics, I bet you were wondering what the H-E-double-hockey-stix that wood/boat "thing" is hanging in the corner?  My Dad made it (I think with my Gram maybe...) back in the day (come on, you can't tell it's from the 70's?!).  It's a ship made of wood & copper.  I think it was stuffed in the basement somewhere at their house.  My Mum can't stand it.  I can't give it up though.  Think what you will but for now, it's staying!


I have some incredibly sweet clients as well.  This baby blanket was handmade - in my favorite colors!!  And these adorable hangers traveled all the way here from Australia.

And last but CERTAINLY not least - this guy!!!  The MOST handsome, loveable, cuddly, adorable big brother Baby Strazz could ever imagine!  OH, UNCLE HURLEY, you make my heart melt.

Thanks so much to our parents, families, and friends for all of your amazing gifts!  I PROMISE I am working on thank you notes, I'm just very SLOW. ;)

Have a great day!

~E

2 comments: