Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PROJECT = Earring Holder


For a LONG time now, I've needed a place to organize my jewelry - especially my earrings.  They had taken over an entire LARGE shelf in our bathroom cabinet - the cabinet had 'thrown up' an assortment of earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc. - and this stuff was slowly but surely creeping into Christopher's space (he doesn't have much to begin with).

Then the light bulb went on (it doesn't happen often, and being married to an electrician it should happen A LOT more)...I needed an earring display/holder.  Checked out Etsy, found a cute one at Urban Outfitters, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one.

So I made one...

I have LOTS of frames lying around, so I grabbed a large one that I had broken the glass on so I couldn't use it anyways.  A quick sanding, a coat of primer, a few coats of one of my FAV turquoise paints again and TA DA - step #1 complete.  Now step #2 - what the heck do you hang the earrings on (you know, the important part)??  Well, my friend has a chicken coop and I asked her if I could use some chicken coop wire.  She was kind enough to snip some extra for me.  My handyman cut it to size and attached it inside the back of the frame (in some clever way that he deserves a pat on the back for). AND LOOK!
Cute, easy, and now my hubby can have some space in the bathroom cabinet back!  (I'll just take over more space in the closet instead...HEHE...evil laugh). (Oh, and not even $1 spent on supplies!)

Do you have any fun ideas for jewelry holders?

~E

1 comment:

  1. you are so crafty...i cant wait to see what fun projects you come up with for baby Bentley!!

    ReplyDelete