Friday, July 30, 2010

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I need to dedicate an entire post to thank everyone - our families and friends - for EVERYTHING they have done for us in the last 9 months, and now that the little munchkin is finally here.  I always knew we had the most incredible family and circle of friends, and this just proves it that much more...

First, I have to thank my amazing husband for taking care of me while I was a pregnant, ever-expanding, puking, whining mess of a wife.  I don't think I mentioned that during my pregnancy, we completed a huge remodel in Strazz-Land that he worked his butt off to finish in a short window of time - he did the majority of the work himself, in between working, running his own business, and taking care of me.  But I especially have to thank him for being the best "birth partner" (I guess that's what the husbands are called these days) EVER.  He was by my side every step of the way during labor and delivery, and has taken wonderful care of me since - actually allowing me to sleep and recover.  He is an amazing husband and Daddy - as I knew he would be - and we love him SOOOOOO much.  Bentley, Hurley, and I are so lucky to have him! 

I lalso have to thank our incredible parents.  My Mum spent countless hours helping me do chores and projects around the house for the last few months during my nesting madness.  Auntie Diane spent an entire day helping me pick up, clean, and put the finishing touches on Chris' office (she even bleached the sink in the basement bathroom/laundry room...it was GROSS).  Our Moms also threw us an amazing shower back in May, it was beautiful and perfect.

My Dad has helped with plenty of projects around this place, too.  He helped (and when I say "helped," he did most of it...) paint the guest room and Bentley's room, hang stuff - shelves, pictures, mirrors, and do plenty of other odds & ends on the to-do list.  It was a huge help to both Chris and I - with Dad's help we slowly crossed things off Chris' "Honey Do" list.   

Since Bentley's birth, our parents have been nothing short of amazing.  Of course they were waiting anxiously at the hospital, along with Chris' brothers, for the munchkin to make his grand entrance into the world.  Auntie Diane and Papa Joe stocked us up on groceries while we were in the hospital.  Mum has been helping me with errands, grocery shopping, dinners/meals, you name it.  Mum and Dad came with Bentley and I to a few Drs. appointments while Chris has been at work, since I am having a slow recovery.  Auntie Diane and Papa Joe babysat Bentley so I could take our four-legged son to the vet to get his staples removed.  Every time they are here, our parents help around the house - whether it is preparing meals, emptying the dishwasher, folding Bentley's laundry, or picking up (those bottles build up fast!).  

Our brothers & sister (technically Chris' brothers and our sister-in-law, but I consider them my own blood so scratch that "in-law"status) have been wonderful.  They have brought us dinner and given us GREAT advice on the whole pregnancy thing, having a newborn, and the many changes to come.  My HAAS (long story) has listened to MANY pregnancy questions and stories, come with me to Drs. appointments, listened to my worries, and provided recovery tips for me since she's done it all before.  She ran errands for me up at Babies R Us to grab a few last minute essentials after bringing Bentley home.  (And brought us Sour Patch kids, which are like GOLD around here.)

Christopher and I are very fortunate and excited to have Bentley grow up close in proximity and in age to our niece (5 months) and nephew (almost 2).

Also, a big thank you to our Aunts and Uncles, cousins, and best friends (we REALLY have THE BEST friends anyone could ask for) for all of your calls, texts, emails, well wishes, & gifts...it has been amazing.  The cards and calls just keep coming.  Our friends have brought flowers, food, baby gifts...it is so incredible how much love little Bentley has in his life.  We are incredibly fortunate to have such wonderful, loving family and friends. 

We love you Mum & Dad, Auntie Diane & Papa Joe, Joey & Kristin, Gregory, and all of our family and friends who are ALWAYS there for us, no matter what.  

BIG HUGS & THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

XOXO
~E, Christopher, Bentley, & Hurley   

No comments:

Post a Comment