Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions???

AHHHH, it's the NEW YEAR...and with the New Year is "supposed" to come New Year's Resolutions, right?  Well, I've never been one to stick to a resolution and I'll be the first to admit it.  Maybe 2011 will be the year that I do?!  Probably not, but here goes... 

1. I think the biggest resolution most people have is to get "fit" or lose weight - usually I don't have to worry much about this one, but my little friend has left me 30+ lbs up from my usual weight.  I am not too shy to admit that I gained over 50 pounds while pregnant with Bentley.  The first 20-25 came off pretty easily...and the rest...not so much.  SO...over the next couple of months I will be focusing on getting that pre-preggo bod back!!  Or as close to it as nature allows??  Pretty close, I hope.

2. This one is for my hubby...Dearest Christopher, I will try to be a better "housewife."  I'm getting the hang of the Mom "thing" but I need to strike some balance in terms of caring for Baby B and taking care of things at the homefront.  I get so consumed with taking care of Bentley that I find little time to get anything else done around the house, and before I know it the day is over and it still looks like a tornado came through and left a path of laundry behind it.  So, my sweet sweet hubby, as you are reading this as it comes through on your phone while you work your cute bum off to support us...I promise you I will step up my game in the housewife category.  Laundry & cleaning just aren't my thing...but I'll work on it.

3. Maybe 2011 will be the year that I get to venture out into the design world and spread my wings?  Cheesy, I know.  Maybe I can help some people with decorating here & there; refinish some furniture...do some good junking once the spring comes and find some pieces to paint and maybe sell; grow my blog?  Who knows, but I'd really like to be able to have more creative time for myself this year.

4. I really just want to enjoy myself.  I'm pretty uptight, always worrying and always something on my mind...or on my list of things to do.  I've come to terms that the latter will probably not change but I really want to just take the time to enjoy myself with my little family.  Whether its a weekend away for us every now and then, a walk with the hubby & the babes (Hurley included), or drinks on the porch, I'd like to have more "us" time and just ENJOY life!

2010 was certainly an amazing year with the addition of Bentley to our family, and I'm looking forward to what 2011 will bring.  For the part that I can control it will at least be a skinnier me, a "housewife" for my hubby (most of you are probably cursing this right now but it's really OK...I know my role these days...hehe), and just to enjoy life.  I can't believe Baby B is already almost six months old, it has flown by and I want to soak in every second!

Happy 2011!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment