Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Missoni

I love Missoni - LOVE LOVE LOVE Missoni prints.  I love it on Nicole Richie, who frequently rocks the designer looks:

{Photo courtesy of E Online}

{Photo courtesy of FABSUGAR}

I would LOVE anything Missoni on myself if it wasn't so G.D. expensive.  I am a scarf whore and would LOVE to have this Missoni scarf in my FAV color (this lil number is actually affordable)...


{Photo courtesy of Net-A-Porter.com}


I am always poking around Etsy for vintage designer pieces and I had scored a beautiful silk Missoni scarf last year, which I tied onto my purse for a pop of color.  Well, some lucky person at my local Target scored bigtime because it fell off in the parking lot.  BOOOO.  :(  You can find some authentic Missoni pieces though.  This vintage Missoni dress from the Etsy shop Fabuka...


And this vintage Missoni purse also from Fabuka...

{Above photos courtesy of Fabuka}

A vintage Missoni sweater from HottieCoutures' shop...

{Photo courtesy of HottieCoutures}

I recently found this shop on Etsy called OLA Collection that makes Missoni Versatility Scarves - multi-function scarves from Missoni fabrics, and unlike 99% of other Missoni pieces you won't have to re-mortgage your house...and they come in tons of pretty Missoni fabrics & colors...


{Photo courtesy of OLA Collection}

Missoni also has a home division and if I hit the lottery I would cover my house with their home designs.  Everything from bedding to throw pillows to rugs to bath & dining linens, their pieces look like CANDY with amazing prints and colors.  Ever seen The Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo TV?  She has several Missoni pieces in her home, including her bedding.  One place I've found that carries a variety of Missoni home products is ALL MODERN.  I LOVE it all but here are some of my absolute FAVs...

The Janet Embroidered Bedspread & the Jo Bedding Collection...


They have several cushion collections, here are a few - Kew, Master Classico, and Passiflora...


The Josh Throw...


The Tappeti Winnipeg Contemporary Rug & Tappeti Liuwa Contemporary Rug...


The Giacomo Bath Mat...

{Above photos courtesy of ALL MODERN}

I found some pieces at Amazon.com as well, and if you do a quick Google search it is really easy to find places that carry both Missoni clothing/accessories as well as Missoni Home.  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE their graphic prints and bold colors.  I am imagining white or light gray walls, lots of white & modern pieces, cool metallic accessories, mixed with some really rustic and antiquey feeling white-washed pieces.  YUM.  Anywho...need another house for this vision...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment