Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pillows on the cheap...

I love throw pillows!  It's so easy to change up the look of an entire room by changing out a pillow or two or three...I did this when I wanted to change things up for fall in our main living space.  I just swapped some pillows from other rooms in the house and brought some orange pillows downstairs for a fall color theme.  Check out my fall decor here

Anyways, I've heard this "trick" before but Nate Berkus reminded me via some of his recent guests...

To make inexpensive throw pillows for your bed, couches, etc. - use square napkins or hankerchiefs and sew them up into pillows.  All you need is a little stuffing and voila!  Whether you see some cute napkins at a local vintage store or pick up some pretty hankies in your travels, they can be used as an inexpensive way to transform your room.  You'll get a custom look on a low budget!!

Something like this would be cute in a beach house or a little boy's room: 

{Images courtesy of TheHoneyPress on Etsy}

TheHoneyPress on Etsy sells cute silk screened "Sneezy Sheets" that would work great as pillows.  Based out of Cape Cod, the patterns are nautical, beachy, and adorable!

Happy hanky hunting!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment