Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Great Pumpkin!

Most of you that know my family know we are BIG into Halloween.  My parents had amazing Halloween parties for my friends and I every year when I was growing up - costumes, games, tons of food.  We lived on a quiet back road but on Halloween night my parents still dressed up for the few trick-or-treaters we did get, and we had quite the production set up in front of our house...fake tombstones, dry ice in a couldron, you name it.  The last several years the party has moved to my Aunt's house because she lives in a large neighborhood - there are huge inflatable decorations (Frankenstein, a moving black cat, a ghost & pumpkins, to name only a FEW), fog machines, crazy decorations, lights, the whole nine yards...its amazing!!  Mum and Dad dress up and scare the kids (yes, we/they are nice to the really little ones or the ones who are scared...most of the time), we torment them with fake axes and throw candy from underneath the slightly opened garage door, give out TONS of candy, and have a big party with food & drinks every year.  It's a blast! 

Anyways, over the last few years my Dad has started carving these INCREDIBLE pumpkins for my little cousins.  Everything from Spiderman to Monsters Inc. for the boys; Disney princesses and the princess castle for the girls.  And being the spoiled only child that I am, he's makes me one every year - usually some type of Eeyore design because I love Eeyore (yes, I realize I'm almost 30!!).  Since we got Hurley a couple of years ago, he's carved a bulldog silhouette for our four-legged son.  Well, this year was big doings because it was Bentley's first pumpkin from Grampy...take a look!


I swear he should be on Martha Stewart's show.  Someday I hope to be this good!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment