Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nate Berkus!

Happy HUMP DAY!  (Happy Wednesday, that is...)

Have you ever heard of Nate Berkus?  Well, if not...now you will...

Nate Berkus is an incredibly talented interior designer and hosts his own show - The Nate Berkus Show.  He founded his design firm, Nate Berkus Associates, in Chicago and later became involved with The Oprah Winfrey Show.  I liked watching him on Oprah every now and then, so I was PSYCHED when I found out that he would have his own show starting this fall.  It's set on my DVR every day so I can check out his design tips!  A couple of his latest shows have been titled "Five Hottest Home Design Trends" and "Thriftiest Decor in America."  Although he often has celebrity guests, I would consider it more of a 'lifestyle' show, incorporating his design ideas & advice for a happy, beautiful existence at home and in life.  I also just found out that his Mom is Nancy Golden from HGTV and the DIY network.  As another tidbit, he and his partner were vacationing in Sri Lanka at the time of the deadly tsunami and sadly, his partner was killed.  A very tragic story that he's turned into a positive by helping others deal with loss.

Anyways...he is AWESOME.  Love him!  He seems to be a genuinely nice person so for me it makes it even more worthwhile to watch his show and follow his design tips.  On a recent show about auctions, he hosted a live auction for his audience where all of the proceeds went to his favorite animal charity.  So if you haven't already, check out his show!!!!

He also has a line for HSN.  He used to have a line for Linens 'N Things but we all know where they went...OUT OF BUSINESS.  For me, sad in the fact that I don't have easy access to his stuff at my local store anymore.  But I'll show you some goodies from his HSN line soon!  And I'll probably share some tips from his show, too!

If you're working, set the DVR kids and see what you're missing!  He's a happy, cool guy who will show you some really great stuff to improve your pad...how to do it affordably...and as a bonus he's often promoting & supporting some really great causes.  Clearly I am on the Nate bandwagon!  Enjoy!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment