Thursday, November 11, 2010

Anthropologie's Amazing Store Displays...

I walked into my local Anthropologie earlier this week and when I turned the corner into the store entrance it was like the lights of heaven shone down!!!  The holiday decorations were unreal!  Every time I go into the store I am checking out the amazing displays and decor...massive wings on the wall made completely out of feathers or whimsical flowers made from white paper plates.  I found out the store actually has an "art department" consisting of one incredibly talented lady (I asked the clerk at the counter if this mystery person ever needed help but they only take on interns every once in awhile...booooo). 

Well let me tell you, the "art department" did it up for the holidays!!  When you walk through the entrance, to the right was a chandelier structured from tree branches that had been strung together, wrapped with white round-bulbed Christmas lights, dusted with fake snow, and hung with that pretty but rustic brown twine/rope.  The center display was a very organic feeling forest with wooden North Pole-type signs, more fake snow, and this funky organic looking moss dusted everywhere.  Gorgeous trees of different sizes with the bases wrapped in burlap and flaked with snow.  There was even a tree made from green plastic twist tie-type "thingys" for lack of a better way to describe them. ;)  On the left wall was a deer head (fake) with hugeeeeee antlers (also fake) that were decorated with ornaments and all kinds of pretty Christmas goodies and things.  Overall a gorgeous & Adirondack-feeling organic scene. 

I have decided that I am going to design my own rendition of the Anthropologie's winter forest for our front porch this year so I will be starting to "collect" fake trees immediately.  Christmas will be coming early this year in Strazz-land since I have big decor ideas for Baby B's christening in December and then his first Christmas!

I snapped a couple of pictures of the displays on my phone but they didn't come out well.  So I tried my luck at Googling 'Anthropologie Store Decorations' and actually came up with some pictures of holiday displays at an NYC store.  Very different from my local store but also amazing!  Pictures below courtesy of Platinum Blonde Life:


Remember making those paper chain-link garlands when you were little?  What a great idea!  I also found this picture but not sure what store or who it belongs to so if you recognize it please let me know so I can add proper credit. What a cool Christmas tree!



High five to the Anthropologie art department in Natick, MA and to all of the Anthropologie store decorators!!!  The stores always look amazing and as someone who loves design it really inspires my creativity.

~E

3 comments:

  1. hey i meant to tell you i know the manager of the Natick Antropologie if you want me to dig up some information on the "art department" and get you in touch with them...etc. Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your store's display is one of the best way of making good impression on your customers. good display plays very important role in attracting new customers to your store. display idea you shared is interesting.
    pricing guns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.in-store display No matter where you are located,as our valued customer, you will have a single point of contact as a prime consultant keeping you informed of status, timeline, implementation, and progress of your product .

    ReplyDelete