Saturday, November 5, 2011

Projects, Projects, Projects!

So there's been lots going on here!  As I said, October was Operation Organization...but we're extending into November at least because I've added projects...

DONE:
- Rugs cleaned!
- Cleaning ladies are back!  And they've been here TWICE!  It's a DREAMMMM!
- All of our business paperwork is together and I'm dropping it off to our tax lady Monday. 

IN PROGRESS FROM OCTOBER:
- Our new Pottery Barn filing cabinet came and we've gotten some of the filing done but need to finish up. 
- Baby proofing stuff purchased and the stove knobs are on, new gate is up.  "We" (my handyman) still have to do the cabinetes and drawers though.  

TO DO:
- I still have to get us set up with a new financial advisor and get some paperwork to our insurance guy.

I've added lots of projects around here and some are underway!  First, the new baby's room ~ I picked out two "new" (used) dressers that I'm working on and refinishing.  One is this ugly beast...


This hideous country-esque beast will look like this when I'm done, but in shades of pink (REALLY hoping this kid is a girl...)

{Photo courtesy of Attic Mag Gradient Color Dresser posting}

I've already been painting away with Auntie Age in Santa's Workshop...


I have another French style dresser coming - my amazing hub is picking it up for me tomorrow from some Craigslist folk.  Today my OTHER handyman came over to help with some things on my hub's Honey-Do list (I have a live-in handyman and my Dad is very helpful and came to save me today!!!!).  He put together the crib for BS2's nursery...


This was a long and painful process for Grampy as both of my boys really wanted to help... 


In Bentley's room Grampy fixed a shelf and reattached a curtain rod for me that "somebody" pulled down from his crib since it was within easy reach.  I'm giving Bentley's room a mini-facelift as well since I'll be using several things from his room in the new nursery.  He is getting new West Elm curtains, new Pottery Barn bedding for his crib, and I am going to move the chair from his room into the nursery so he'll be getting a "new" little table...


I decided to paint it a deep aqua/navy color called BLUE DANUBE (WTF? Who thinks of these color names?  Someone who is huffing a lot of paint!).  It may resemble this piece from PB when its done...or maybe not if I decide to paint it with stripes...we'll see...

{Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids}

Hurley got into the blue paint, trying to help again...


So in a nutshell the projects are rolling on...some organization projects still...a mini-facelift for Bentley's room...doing the nursery...over the next 5-6 weeks...STAY TUNED!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment