Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's Have Some Fun Today at My Expense...

So I'm in week 27 and just about third trimester.  And if this little girl is on her brother's schedule we've only got about 12 weeks left.  Let's have some fun today at my expense and I'll tell you all of the GREAT things that happen to your body at this point.  It'll be fun...for you...I promise...


On several published lists of "Pregnancy Symptoms at 27 Weeks" here are some of the great things they list, with my own additions based on experience...
- GAS.  I can confirm this one.  So can my poor husband.
- SWEATING.  It was awesome when I woke up in a pile of sweat this morning.  And when it's 40 degrees out and you have to drive with the windows down. 
- SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR BELLY BUTTON.  Mine is just about gone already.  Fortunately with Bentley it never popped all the way out - GROSS - but it is officially almost gone.
- BACK PAIN.  Horrible shooting pains in my back the other night watching the game, good times. 
- SWELLING.  Fortunately with Bentley I never swelled too much when I was pregnant, a little in my feet and mainly my hands.  Saved it for after when instead of cankles I had thankles (thigh ankles) from the amount of fluids pumped into me post-delivery.  My fingers are definitely starting to sausage up a bit already though.
- INDIGESTION & ACID REFLUX.  Mine attacks at night.  So I wake up at 1 or 2 AM with a burning sensation in my throat OR BETTER, spit-up in my mouth. 
- MOODINESS TO THE MAX.  And ANGER.  This is BAD.  I think its because of my anxiety as well but today it turned to straight up anger.  For instance, the white trash bitch in her car at the grocery store who didn't let Bentley and I cross ~ I wanted to slash her tires.  Or the poor innocent woman at Dick's who'd never heard of a medicine ball ~ I could have easily clawed her eyes out. 
- YOUR INSIDES FEEL ENTIRELY TOO STRETCHED OUT.  What other organs can possibly move around or what else can fit in my belly area?  Ouch.
- YOU FEEL LIKE A TURTLE STUCK ON ITS BACK WHEN SITTING/LYING IN ANY KIND OF RECLINING POSITION.  It's getting harder and harder to move like a normal person.  And bending over or getting on the floor?  Forget it.


Some other good ones I have yet to experience...
- HAIR AND NAIL CHANGES???
- YOUR PELVIC JOINT CAN BECOME UNSTABLE AND DISLOCATE?!!  WTF.
- BLEEDING GUMS.
- NASAL CONGESTION.  Actually I have been a little stuffy on & off.  
- RLS and leg cramps.  Charlie Horse anyone?!!!  Got these BAD with Baby B.  Looking forward to it... 

Basically, WHAT THE EFF ELSE CAN GO WRONG WITH YOUR BODY?!!  Everything goes haywire!!  LOL.  And I'm wanting to cry at the drop of a hat...

I give you permission to laugh at my expense here and I promise not to want to hurt you. ;)

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment