Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update...

Time for a Casa de Strazz update I guess...
On the pregnancy front ~ We are into WEEK 35!  This baby at this point could come anytime.  I have been starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions.  The crampiness I had a few weeks back got better but picked up again today.  And there is just TONS of pressure in my lower belly making me uncomfortable.  The hubby says I grunt and groan a lot - and most of the time I don't even notice.  ;)  BGS as of this week's food comparison is about 4 and 3/4 pounds, like an average cantelouple.  She is about 18 inches long.  On the diabetes front there isn't much to report.  I have been doing my best to eat well and keep my blood sugar in check.  For the most part its been OK, I go next Monday for a check up at the diabetes clinic - JOY.  I saw my OB today and my belly measurement & BGS' heartbeat are all good.  I see her 2 weeks from today and then my appointments will be weekly, so we are really down to the wire!  I have an ultrasound at 37 weeks to check her size.  Other than being totally exhausted and uncomfortable I have actually been getting a lot done the last few weeks ~ I've hit the neurotic crazy organizing phase at the end of pregnancy.  I've cleaned out and reorganized the entire kitchen & upstairs bathroom (with some help from Mum), the nursery is totally ready, carseat is in the mudroom and ready to go, and we are all packed up just in case.  A few odds & ends left and its a waiting game now!

Bentley is fantastic.  He's such a character.  At 20 months he is a wild man ~ still sleeping great but when he is awake he's nuts!  He's just like his father...NON-STOP!  We've gated off the office so he's a bit more restricted, but now he likes to climb on all of the chairs.  Last week he moved a chair in front of the kitchen sink, climbed up and was looking like he wanted to get onto the counter.  He can climb from chairs onto the kitchen table ~ not that I let him but he CAN do it.  All day long he asks for DaDa.  He's way into Hurley and is always patting his leg like I do when I call Hurl inside and calling "dog doggggg" even when we are in the car.  He chased Hurley around the other day trying to give him kisses.  Daddy taught him to "put his dukes up" and its hilarious.  He's still doing swim when DeDe can take him but at this point they'd just find me floating like a whale in the pool so I am not much help. 

That's about it for now.  Like I said, a few things to get done but mostly ready for this babe and just waiting around being uncomfortable.  This week we are going to get Bentley some pictures with the Easter Bunny and on Friday are coloring eggs.  Weekends are now packed with showers and birthday parties.  Keep you posted on any changes!

~E 

No comments:

Post a Comment