Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bump Update...

We are in WEEK 37 ~ 36 weeks/3 days to be exact.  As I sit here sweating I thought I would give you an update after my OB appointment today...

On the food-to-fetus comparison BGS is about 6 lbs, like a crenshaw melon.  What in the SAM HELL is a crenshaw melon?!  I had to look it up...


She is about 18 and 1/2 inches long.  On Saturday @ 37 weeks she will be considered full term.  She is head down, which is good.  Her heart rate is perfect and my belly is measuring right on track for her 'age' or whatever you'd call it.  I asked the Dr to check me today because for about the last 3 weeks especially at night I have been crampy and having Braxton Hicks contractions.  Sure enough I am already dialating ~ only a centimeter but at 36 weeks/3 days I'll take it.  WE GOT ACTION!!  As I think I already mentioned, with Bentley at my 38 week appointment I was about a centimeter dialated and 50% effaced and I went into labor two days later.  So I will take a centimeter dialated at this early point!!!  There is no way of telling when anything will happen but we're moving in the right direction ~ and EARLY ~ which is good for me!  Next Monday I have an ultrasound to check her size/measurements because of the diabetes.  They check to see if she is considered "big" which I don't think she will be.  If she is...well, that will be a whole different story as of next week.  A week from today/next Tues I have another visit with my OB.  Then if I make it to the following week she will schedule me for a non-stress test because of the diabetes ~ she said because I'm not on insulin we don't really need it but she would like me to have one to be safe.  As much as I'm ready to go for selfish reasons I hope she holds off until after next Monday so I can keep my eyebrow wax appointment. ;)  Don't want to be going into labor and having pics taken with untamed brows. 

So that's about it for now.  I am uncomfortable as hell and the heat is not helping.  I really just want to sit outside and get some color while Bentley naps but I feel like crap and I don't need the hubby to come home and find me in a pile in the back yard.  Today I was yaking my breakfast up at the Drs office.  So I am sweating and feeling crummy inside, waddling around the house when I need to move and chugging ice water.  I am completely neurotic with keeping the house as picked up as possible and having some anxiety but not bad.  WE ARE CLOSE TO BGS' ARRIVAL AND TO ME BEING ABLE TO HAVE REAL FOOD AND A FROSTY COLD BEER!!!!  WAHOOO!!!

I think I'm about to go barf again but I cannot forget to mention that TODAY BENTLEY IS 21 MONTHS OLD!!!  AHHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  AND ALMOST A BIG BROTHER!!!  I will post some 21 months pics soon...

~E 


No comments:

Post a Comment