Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update...

OK, so we're into week 33 and here is an updated bump photo...


I am fairly sick of going to NWH these days.  I was there last Tues, Wed, Fri, yesterday, and today.  Sigh.  On Friday I had to go in because of this early labor scare and be tested...my OB was nervous about letting me go through the weekend without this certain test...to determine if I was at risk for pre-term labor.  It's an easy test and tells you with 99% accuracy if you are at risk of pre-term labor.  The OB called with results on Friday night and the test was negative, which translates into a 1% chance of going into labor in the next 10-14 days (as of Friday).  So that was a sigh of relief but I still didn't feel good and with the hubby home all weekend I rested up as much as I could. 

Yesterday I went to the STUPID gestational diabetes clinic for a 2 week check-in.  Can you tell I'm bitter?  The endocrinologist was nice enough but I couldn't resist wanting to slap her in the face every time she opened her mouth.  After her I saw a dietician again to report in on what I was eating.  I found the whole thing to be a big waste of time.  They weighed me and checked my BP, I sat with the endocrinologist while she reviewed my blood sugar numbers (which are fine) and told me that she was confident I would go back to 'normal' after the baby was born.  The dietician reviewed a typical day of meals and told me to eat more vegetables and try egg whites in the morning ~ disregarding the fact that I told her I feel like crap, nauseous, and weak.  After talking to a friend last night who is very health conscious I am really suspect of this diet and I'm not sold that its the best thing for me.  I'll stick with it as best as possible for BGS' sake but I'm not convinced its right for me.  I am all about eating healthy but not about counting carbs and restricting myself, which is what I've found in now my second attempt at visiting a dietician/nutritionist.  Also, BGS as of last week was 3 lb 13 oz - right on track for where we are in my pregnancy - and I feel like if this was such an issue she would have already been on the large side since they didn't even diagnose my diabetes until 31 weeks.  With a healthy diet and so far no more weight gain, I can't imagine she'll be packing on unnecessary weight in the coming weeks.  Again - can you tell I'm bitter?

Today I had my 32 week appointment with my OB.  Every time I see her now she looks at me like she feels bad for me because it's just been one thing after another.  She was very happy that my pre-term labor test (which has some super long name with a lot of F's in it that I cannot pronounce) came back negative.  However, I still need to rest as much as possible.  My next appointment is at 34 weeks which she said is a big milestone and anything after that, the baby should be fine if she's born early.  So I'm still a bit freaked out and plan on packing my bag this weekend.  She asked how my diet was going - she'd seen my BS numbers and the report from the diabetes clinic so she knew I was doing fine from a measurement standpoint - and I confessed that I am managing it fine but I hate it.  I feel weak - especially in the morning which is my lowest allotment of carbs, exhausted, and I've been sick/nauseous on and off again.  She told me if I'm hungry and feel weak she wants me to eat.  So that's that.  I left with tears in my eyes because I am so frustrated and should be out enjoying the nice weather with Bentley, but I feel totally crummy, and then I threw up out of the car door in the parking garage.  TAKE THAT NWH.  LOL. 

Bentley has been loving the weather and playing outside.  I have some cute weekend pics I'll share.

That's all for now...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment