Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just as I Suspected...

I failed my diabetes test which means I have gestational diabetes.  On the positive side, I only have about 8-9 weeks left of this pregnancy and it will go away after that.  On the negative side, I'm going to have to eat like a friggin' rabbit and just the thought of it makes me want to scream.  And I think I have to stab myself several times a day to check my blood sugar.  FML.  I start on Friday at the diabetes clinic at Newton Wellesley Hospital; I'll see a dietician and a nurse.  The biggest concern is that the baby will be big so I'll have several ultrasounds to monitor her size.  I'm honestly not that worried about her being too big though since we're pretty confident she'll be early.  Good times.

In other news, I forgot to tell you what my little friend did a couple of weeks ago.  One day I smelled something funny when the toaster was on but I didn't think much of it and attributed it to scraps and crumbs burning.  When Mum was over a day or two later, she said it really smelled when she was making Bentley's waffles...so she investigated.  I don't know how, but the little bugger jammed one of the wooden signs from his train station into the toaster.  We don't even know how he got it to fit in there because of the odd shape.  Lil stinker!!

He's really been into EVERYTHING.  We need to gate off the office now.  It seems like all week he's interested in anything but his own toys.  So this is what happened the other night...


I was cooking chicken, went into the family room for a minute and the next thing I hear is this weird crinkling sound.  He had busted into the CHILDPROOFED drawer and unrolled the entire thing of foil and made a nice path for himself.  He is quite mischevious these days!!!

He's still sick ~ no more fever but still a cough/cold.  I think he's on the mend though, slowly getting better. 

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment