Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rainbow Cake!

I have seen a variety of these rainbow-type cakes in magazines and on blogs.  Many times they are put into cute little mason jars for serving.  I decided to make my own verson for Bentley's birthday cake on his actual birthday. 

NEED:
3 boxes Funfetti cake mix & ingredients (eggs, water, oil)
Food coloring ~ red, blue, yellow, green
1-2 muffin tins and muffin papers
Vanilla frosting

Make one big batch of cake mix.  Using 6 other bowls, evenly split the cake mix into each of the 6 bowls.  Using your food coloring, make each bowl of cake mix a different color ~ red, orange (red & yellow), yellow, green, blue, purple (blue & red).  Make sure they are mixed well and then pour into your muffin pan to about 3/4 of the way full.  I found that with 3 boxes of cake mix this allowed me to make 6 cupcakes of each of the 6 colors. 



Bake according to package instructions.


  

The next step was to take each colored cupcake and mash them up in my trifle dish layer by layer to make a rainbow trifle...


Then smear that puppy with as much vanilla frosting as you can, and add some fun sprinkles.


VOILA!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment