Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bentley's TWO YEAR Appointment

Hey there friends!

I have SO many posts for you, but I have been WAY TIRED ~ I have been non-stop for almost 2 weeks leading up to Bentley's party & birthday.  I have lots of pics to share so over the next several days I will get them up...

Right now I am in need of some R&R, play time with Bentley, and LOTS of snuggling my Gracie girl.

I wanted to report in on Bentley's 2 year check-up today.  My big boy weighed in at 26 lbs ~ 39.6th percentile; his height is 33.5 inches ~ 18.6th percentile.  They explained to me that at his last appointment he had a little growth spurt and since then has leveled off, hence the low percentile.  He is super duper healthy!  We have the green light for honey, peanut butter, and shellfish which I have been super strict about not giving him up until I saw his doctor for this appointment.  I gave him a little scoop of PB as soon as we got home and no reaction, so I guess that means no allergy.  He is a rockstar teether because apparently he has 2 of his 4 molars ~ the top right is all the way through, the bottom right has broken his gum, and nothing on the left side yet.  He has literally showed NO signs of discomfort, my tough guy.  He is up to date on all of his vaccines but had to get a little prick to check for anemia and lead.  Blood counts were perfect and they'll call if there are any lead issues but his last check was fine.  I asked about introducing the potty and his pedi said to hold off because 1) he's still really young for it and 2) since there is a new baby around we don't want to throw him off too much.  She said maybe by like 2 and 1/2 if he's showing signs and telling us when he needs to go, we can start slowly and let him do things on his own when he wants, but not to push.  Usually around 3 is a good time to start.  So that's that!  He was SO good and let the doctor check him out with no resistance, just a few squirms when the nurse was squeezing the blood from his finger.

We will go back for a flu shot in the fall and then a 2 and 1/2 year check up in the winter.

Back soon with lots of pics for you!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment