Friday, July 27, 2012

Craft Time

I've been feeling very crafty lately.  A few mini projects...

1) Headbands for Gracie!

At AC Moore I purchased a single stem of blue/purple hydrangea, some assorted colored blue beads and blue swarovski crystals, thread, craft glue, matching colored felt, and 1/8" wide elastic cording.




I pulled 2 flower buds off the hydrangea and glued them together at an angle.  For the crystal center I used craft glue - which wasn't great and I have to look into a better kind - and teeny tweezers to place them.  For the beaded center, I used a needle and dark blue thread to sew them into the flower.  Measure the length of elastic you will need...Gracie is about 14 and 1/2 inches right now...and glue the open ends to the back of the flower, then cover with a small cut circle of felt that matches the color of your flower.

And here is my model!


2) I also whipped up a couple of onesies for my lil girl.


My model again...




3) Cute hand-stamped gift bags! 

Buy the brown paper (or white) gift bags and use letter/number stamps to decorate the outside of the bag.  I used blues on our friends' because blue was their wedding color.  These were small individual letter vintage stamps that I used but there are a variety of sizes/styles you can pick up at the craft stores.

  

Happy Crafting!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment