Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday "Cake"...

I have to thank my wonderful friend B Greenan for this recipe ~ it combines two of my hub's favorite things...POPCORN & CANDY!

YOU WILL NEED:
2 bags popcorn, popped

20 ounces of white chocolate candy coating, melted – Nestles morsels did the trick!

6-7 heaping teaspoons of yellow cake mix (NOT batter, just the untouched, boxed mix...I actually grabbed a box of funfetti cake mix)

A few tiny tubes of Mini M&Ms

Assorted & FUN Bday sprinkles!!


TO MAKE:

Pop popcorn



Spread it out on a paper towel, removing kernels and then put into a large bowl.


Pour in mini M&Ms & some of your sprinkles 

Then melt white chocolate
in the microwave
in 30 seconds. Stop it and stir then 30 more seconds, stop and stir, until it is melted and smooth. 
 

Stir in melted white chocolalte, cake mix, sprinkles (but leave some for top of cake).  Mix everything with popcorn really well ~ I ended up using my hands to get good coverage.

Lastly, pour out onto wax paper and spread into a single layer. Cover with remaining sprinkles & a few more M&Ms until LEGITLY BiRTHDAY FABULOUS, let cool and harden.


I put mine into a trifle bowl to serve...but you could also put it into little baggies with a cute ribbon...



 Thanks, B!!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment