Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pallette Art

I have seen a zillion things made from old shipping pallettes ~ entire walls, shelves, frames ~ and when I saw this gem on Pinterest I knew I had to recreate it for the nursery (I don't know who to credit so if anyone does please let me know so I can give props)...


I showed my hubby as I knew I'd need his help as my handyman and he was up for the challenge.  Our neighbors have a huge burn pile so we walked out back on day and scored this beauty...


I chose a dark walnut stain because the crib is a dark color and I wanted to try and balance it across the room with something else dark...


Next was a free-hand heart cutout from cardboard that I could trace onto the pallette; and I already had plenty of pink paint to use for color...


Then it was up to the best handyman EVER to hang this beast...


And here you have the final piece...


I love how it turned out.  Thanks for helping me tackle this project handy hubby!  ily

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment