Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nursery Time!!

Here is the BIG REVEAL!  After all of my hubby's hard work last night to help me finish up, the nursery is pretty much DONE.  There are a few odds & ends, and organizational "stuff" I need to do but for the most part it is finished.  There is one special piece of artwork we are going to make for above the dresser/changing table, but otherwise HERE SHE IS...


For anyone interested in how it came together, here you go:
- The crib I purchased new ~ loved the dark color and modern lines; I reused Bentley's Serena & Lily crib sheets because they are such good quality and I was getting him new "boyish" ones anyways.
- The bed was already in there since this room functioned as a guest space before ~ we do still have company stay over sometimes so since it could fit in the space I really wanted to keep it.
- Pillows were a mix of a couple of older pillows I had from the guest room and a cute vintage ditty my friend found at a consignment store for $3.
- The dressers as you know I did myself.  The taller one was a freebee and the longer one with the changing pad was only $75 on Craigslist - a score for the quality.  A little TLC and they are brand spankin' new. 
- I reused Bentley's modern gray nursery chair and West Elm pouf.
- The wooden "end table" chair came with our house and I repainted it a very soft green. 
- Against my electrician's advice I REALLY wanted a chandelier - in white - so I got this small 15" gem for $74 at Overstock and its pretty, white, and has crystals. 
- I really wanted tissue poms in Bentley's room but I had to agree with Hubby that they were a little too girly - so I went pom crazy in here care of Fiesta Pom Pom on Etsy. 
- The art is a mix of some prints I purchased on Etsy and some self-made stuff.  I got ambitious one night and hit A.C. Moore for canvases and acrylics, then I went to town.  I'm no Jackson Pollock but it does the job for me...


So, there you have it.  A mix of a lot of items I already had and a lot of DIY.  I'm really happy with the turnout.  Whaddya think?!

~E

2 comments:

  1. Obsessed! What is the wall color? I love it all. The room is much like I imagine lil baby girl Strazz to be: flirty, down to earth and fun! She's already cooler than me :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO...you are the coolest!! She will strive to be as cool as B. :) The walls are Benny Moore Ozark Shadows. It's a warm gray. Glad u like it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete