Monday, January 16, 2012

Dresser Phase 1!

So I started the other dresser for Baby Girl Strazz's room last night.  This is what I'm workin' with...
 

I was going to go with the darkest pink on the other dresser I'd done but it wasn't sitting right with me so I went for a lighter option.  As I mentioned, I'm changing my tune from all bright pink and orange to a bit lighter and more vintagey vibe.  So I selected the option on the third drawer down instead of the bottom pink...


Last night I got it sanded down and I decided to go for a paint & primer mix for the first time.  I got all set up and got going with a few coats of paint pretty quickly...also using a roller for the first time...


After letting it sit overnight I realized it was this "too pinky" ~ like a carnation color...


In order to lose the cotton candy effect, I headed back to Home Depot for a shade lighter in order to tone things down...


So now I'm back to the drawing board but with the roller things are moving quickly.  I think another 2 coats and I'll be ready to distress, wax, and move this baby upstairs.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment