Monday, February 14, 2011

Exciting News!

Nope, I'm not knocked up again.  And no, it's not that we're going to Mexico next month ~ that is only exciting to us and I was cruel enough to rub it in your face once already...

I've been thinking about it for awhile now and I've finally decided to just go for it and open my own Etsy shop.  I've done some tinkering around the house and you've seen my jewelry holder and chalkboards, so those will be a couple of featured items.  I'll be making jewelry/earring displays as well as chalkboards using old frames.  I'll also be refinishing & repurposing home decor items and furniture.  Here is the only preview you will get until items are finished and ready for sale...


My shop will be called Rita Hurley ~ Renewed Home... 
We ("we" is really "I" but for now "we" sounds more official...or something...) find beautiful consignment, thrift, & vintage pieces and restore them for a new take on life. Repainting, refinishing, or repurposing these discoveries ~ gorgegous colors mixed with timeless shapes make for a truly eclectic look, new personality, and ultimately a renewed life!

Right now I have a batch of about 25-30 items that I am working on, including frames that will ultimately turn into jewlery displays & magnetic chalkboards, interesting home decor discoveries, as well as furniture.  Over the course of the next month I hope to get this first batch of "inventory" ready to go and have the shop up and running as soon as possible.  Items will be sold on Etsy, but as far as my blog goes I will post before and after pics of my projects.

We'll see what happens so stay tuned!

~E

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited!!! I cant wait to shop at the new etsy store. :) good luck

    ReplyDelete