Friday, February 11, 2011

ARRIBA! ARRIBA!

HOLA! OK, that's about all of Spanish I remember but I need to brush up because we are going to MEXICO peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!  We've realized that we are in desperate need of a vacation and after looking at several locations and realizing how pricey everything is we had an "ah ha" moment yesterday morning.  I was lying in bed thinking "why don't we go visit Alisa & Larson in Mexico" and when I went downstairs my lovely hubby had texted me "why don't we go visit Alisa & Larson in Mexico"...GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! (Or maybe its just because we have been together SO.DAMN.LONG.)  Hehe.  Anywho, one of my best girlfriends from college moved to Mexico a few years ago while her boyfriend is PGA Tour Manager for the Mayakoba Golf Classic.  We've been wanting to visit for awhile and the time has finally come...WOOOHOOOOOOO!  Friends, sun, palm trees, DRINKS, more sun, beaches, more fun with friends...you get the idea!!

We are real "go-getters" so this whole plan unfolded and was booked over the course of 12 hours, LOL.  So we'll be heading out for 6 days/5 nights at the end of March and staying at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun.  I looked at several hotels...who, me, NEVER?!!...and finally settled on this little gem, rated one of Travelers' Choice 2011 Top 10 All Inclusive Resorts in the World.  We decided to stay at the hotel for 4 nights and then will be checking out to stay the last night with our friends. 

In 40 days...but who's counting?!!...we will be here...


Having some of these...


Maybe we'll feel fancy and do a little of this...


Are you cursing me yet?  Because it's not all about the fru-fru drinks, we'll also have TONS of these...


I'm sure we'll spend lots of time here...


And after a long day of THAT, we will rest our heads here (maybe after a dip in the soaking tub on the balcony)...


We will do a little sight-seeing as well, since we have our own personal tour guides that live there!  Definitely Tulum, some golf for the hubby, and I'm sure a few other little adventures.  I just really hope we don't bump into this guy!


Click here for the resort's full photo gallery.  **Resort photos above are courtesy of Trip Advisor.**

I CANNOT WAIT!  Last night we were like two giddy little kids on Christmas Eve!  But the hard part ~ FINALLY getting rid of those love handles, extra junk in the trunk, and other "leftovers" from Baby B so I can be beach-ready...EEEK...

Adios for now!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment