Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PROJECT = Coffee Table


This was another oldie but goodie from Chris' parents.  When we first moved into our house they gave us this wood coffee table of theirs ~ not exactly my style but at the time we had NO furniture so I made it work.  In my crazy nesting mode this spring, I decided to refinish it.  This was the first piece I painted ~ Dad gave me my first "lesson" in distressing.   He used to make furniture so he showed me a few tricks and techniques, and let me borrow his tools.  

Here is the coffee table BEFORE...

...and here it is AFTER... 

And here's the reason for the sheepskin rug underneath (the BEST accessory there is!)...


A nice fresh coat of white paint does wonders!

Have a great day!

~E

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE your new table.

    I also love the sleeping puppy underneath.

    Great job!

    :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete