Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gracie's Christening Flowers

For Grace's Christening I knew I wanted pink flowers - which is NOT usually like me at all!  I typically DO NOT go "girly."  But I wanted pink & sparkles & lace & ribbon for my lil girl's day.  I wanted baby pink hydrangea and baby pink spray roses.  I knew in mid October I wouldn't be able to find them in any stores so I called my florist to have an order placed at the market ~ sure enough, my girl had pink hydrangea flown in from Holland for her day.  We also had beautiful pink spray roses and a couple of pretty pink rose bunches that I grabbed at Stop & Shop the day before.  The color was too pretty to refuse!

 
 
 
I kept it simple and wanted to go for a shabby, girly look so I went with mostly white vintage milk glass vases and some clear mason jars dolled up with lace and rhinestone buttons.

 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
These decorated mason jars were meant to be hung on hooks lining our front walkway...

 
At a flea market recently, I found these galvanized tin 'milk jug' style containers and picked up 5 of them for $12 dollars.  When I saw how HUGE the hydrangea were I decided to use these as vases and put them on the front porch.

 

To go with the galvanized tin buckets on the porch, I made two small arrangements of spray roses in pink depression glass teacups.

 
 
On the coffee table, I used a vintage cloche which I had painted white/distressed...my cleaning lady brought me this little milk glass container that I think is meant as a candle holder, but I used it as a small vase after blinging it out with rhinestones.  Everyone said it reminded them of Beauty & the Beast.
 
 
Last, I put together a vase of pretty pink S&S roses mixed with the baby pink spray roses...they accented a side table.
 
 
 



Also at Stop & Shop I picked up 3 little mini rose plants with a mix of pink & white blooms.  They were perfect for my mini Ikea vases.  And at the last minute I found these beautiful pink pearlized polished clam shells that I couldn't resist.


A few random pics of some of the arrangements bunched together...

 

Going pink and super girl was very much outside my "box" but again, I wanted a beautiful, girly theme for my munchkin on her special day.  As you may notice, I even accented the vases with rhinestones, pearls, and sparkly buttons.  I knew I couldn't go wrong with hydrangeas.  Usually I like to hit the local grocery stores and see what I can find...with some idea of what I want in mind...but this one required pre-planning & ordering.  I am very happy with how everything turned out!

Hope you like!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment