Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Ever-Evolving 3-Year-Old...

*Bentley sometimes likes to walk around diaperless and Grace will try to grab his penis.  One recent morning with no Grace in sight while I was changing his diaper he asked me "Mommy, Gracie isn't going to grab my penis, right?"

*He asked me for some juice and I told him he could have a little when he finished his milk.  SO he walked to the sink, dumped out his milk, and proclaimed "I'm all done!"

*I asked him to come to the table for dinner and he looked right at me and said "I don't hear you."

*"Mommy, you have a mustache like Gampy."  Thanks, bud.

*As I'm packing to leave for the Cape one day, I'm running up and down the stairs to keep an eye on the kids while I pack.  Well, I came downstairs to find Bentley had found a black permanent marker in the drawer and colored all over the kitchen wall, kitchen cabinet, and countertop.  He then proceeded to spin in circles proclaiming "I'm a princess" from one of his favorite shows, Sophia the First.

*Upon leaving for the Cape I packed the car and the kids, and had to go get Hurley from inside. Everything fit in the trunk except I jammed one bag in between the kids' carseats that had my makeup bag, makeup brushes, tampons, and some other odds and ends.  Within about two minutes of coming back outside, I saw things being thrown out the window on Bentley's side of the car...a package of face cleaning wipes, a bottle of contact solution...then I looked closer and realized he pulled out my cosmetic brush bag and was throwing my expensive MAC brushes out the window.  I dug as many as I could find out of the bushes but my nice brush collection has now dwindled down to about 3-4.  On the other side of the car, Gracie was happily playing with two tampons. 

*Bentley likes to yell to let me know he's awake in the morning.  A few of my favorites...
"Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyy!"
"Fourty-nineeeeeeeeeeeee!" (I have no idea why he's chosen this number, and sometimes its 89).
"Hey, have you seen my band aid?!" (He likes to wear band aids for no reason.)

The list will continue and I will continue to share!

~E

 

He is certainly coming into himself and developing quite the personality!

~E




No comments:

Post a Comment