Monday, August 26, 2013

The 3-Year-Old Continued...

More of Bentley's good stuff these days...

A "pool" is referred to as a "cool."

His "bathing suit" is a "bathing soup."

When he wakes up in the morning and sees Hurley he says, "Hi, buddy, I missed you."  Melt my heart.

We have a stone outside on the table that says "Hope" that I got after Hope passed away.  Bentley picked it up, asked for Hopie, said "I love you Hopie," and gave it a kiss.  OMG.

Every time Grace cries he tells her to "STOP IT" in a louder decibel than she is crying at.

One of his most common phrases to anything is "No, I don't."  To pretty much any question or statement.

He is taking on the "pain" of the household.  When Grace was sick, when I've been sick with infections the last two months, and when Chris got a virus - he sees us taking medicine and says he doesn't feel good and asks for Tylenol. 

I think he's getting a little jealous of Grace's constant need for attention.  She clings to me for dear life, cries like a banshee, and would probably crawl back inside me if she could.  So now Bentley comes over to me and lays his head in my lap so he can have some snuggles, too during her freak outs. 

He does blurt out the occasional "shit" or "damn it" or "god damn it" - and always in context - but I'm really trying to work on my bad mouth.  I thought I was doing better until he said "oh shit" in full context the other day.  Whoops.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment