Monday, August 19, 2013

15 WEEKS ALREADY?!

Today marks week 15 of Hurley's chemotherapy and his last day of treatment!  Despite how utterly devastating his diagnosis has been, I am incredibly grateful to the oncology team at Tufts Animal Hospital for their amazing care.  I worried every week dropping him off although I never really needed to - he made such an impression that he, unlike the other dogs, was never crated...he spent his treatment days sitting on the tech's chair, playing with toys, and sitting with the oncologist... 


Although they will miss him, they are hoping to NOT see him other than his now once per month check-ups.  We brought the oncology team beautiful pink roses & lilies and a thank you card (with a bulldog on it, naturally).  It is a bittersweet day - although I am so thankful that he left on his last day of treatment in full remission, I am also terrified of what is potentially to come and how long he will stay in remission.  I can only pray EVERY DAY that he will be with us for his next birthday, our next house, and another Christmas to open his presents.  This boy has changed my life and made such an impression on my heart and soul since the day we brought him home.

 
 
 
 
 
  
  

Now every day we will promise...


This boy is my soul's true furmate and I will love him to pieces every moment I have.

 

 Please pray for a LONG LONG LONG remission for our Hurley boy.

~E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment