Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our Beloved First Child

I just cannot explain how much I love this dog - he is a child to us, an integral part of the family.  He has such great intuition and he feeds off my energy.  When I was pregnant with Bentley, he slept with me all the time - either with his head across my belly as a pillow or above my head.  When I was pregnant with Grace, about a month before she was born he was just sitting at my feet all of the time shaking - like he knew it was coming.  He is just so in tune with my emotions, anxiety, and feelings.

On his third birthday, I wrote a long post about all the things I love about him.  CLICK HERE TO SEE MY ORIGINAL POST.

I just love him so much.  Even though he needs to go to 'leather eaters anonymous' because of all the shoes we have that are leather he chews up.  But I still can't get mad at him.  One year he pretty much cleaned out all of my flip flops/sandals and I was forced to re-stock.  Recently, before we went to San Antonio I bought a cute pair of suede wedges with ankle straps, as well as a small 'traveling' purse.  Within one day of having them packed in my suitcase - but not zippered up - he chewed through the strap of my new leather bag and chewed the leathe ankle straps off both of my new shoes.  But even then, I just look at him and I cannot get mad.  He's my baby.

Take a look at my original post of all the reasons I love him - and maybe it will inspire someone else to think/write something similar about their pet.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment