Thursday, May 23, 2013

HURLEY Update!

Hi all,

With everything going on I feel like my only updates lately are of Hurley's status, but he is our main priority right now.  Otherwise, the kiddos are doing well and we are hanging in there as best we can in light of a long and difficult 6 months or so. 

I have lots of pics to post from Easter all the way to Grace's birthday party - don't worry, I won't forget...

HURLEY'S WEEKLY UPDATE
Other than some diarrhea episodes Hurley is doing great and you would still have no idea he is sick. His best buddy Jax came to play yesterday. Today he had a break from chemo - he is in week #4. GREAT NEWS! He is still considered in partial remission but he had a remarkable result from last week's doxy treatment so we know he'll respond well to it. All of his vitals are normal. All of his lymph nodes were either decreased in size or within normal limits. He is NOT in 100% remission because although they are very teeny, the nodes in his still neck are still apparent and the 'new' nodes in his abdomen/groin that appeared last week although remarkably smaller, are still there. But other than those two areas, his all his nodes are in normal limits. Next week he has his first 'double' chemo treatment of vincristine & cyclophasphamide. Thanks Hopie for watching over us, my angel girl.

When we picked him up Bentley let out a big "HEYYYY, BUBBYYYYY!!!! You're a good boy!!!"  And I have to share that I just went to check on Bentley as it is "quiet time" and I could see on the monitor 1) he wasn't in bed and 2) Hurl was in his room.  So I peeked my head in to see Hurley laying at the door and Bentely had nicely covered him in one of his favorite blankies, his winter snowman blankie. ;)  My sweet boy.

We are headed to the Cape for some much needed family R&R this weekened...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment