Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The love of a pet...

I know some people aren't "animal people" or "pet lovers" but to me, I cannot comprehend that.  I am such a deep animal lover.  In the Pet Cancer Support Group on Facebook someone wrote recently about her recently passed pup..."You have forever awakened a part of my soul and taught me how to truly and deeply love...and I will never be the same."  I truly believe that loving an animal is like no other love, it is unconditional no matter what and my wish would be that everyone in the world could experience that feeling.  It is beyond incredible. 

I still cannot make sense of this diagnosis.  I try to find a reason in everything that happens, as I do truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  I know Hope came into my life for a reason and we needed each other; and now I know that reason was to prepare me for Hurley's diagnosis and battle with cancer.  But I cannot understand why MY baby had to be diagnosed.  The only sense I can gather right now is that I need to learn to live in the moment, live for the day, and stay in the present - that is the best gift I can give him and myself. 
 
When I am having a particularly hard time, I find a lot of comfort in music.  I get that from my Dad.   
This is not from a song, but from Bubba Stewart, a Motorcross/Supercross racer the hub and I follow:
"Forget yesterday - it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow - you haven't even met. Instead, only focus on what u can.... today."

Also not from a song:
"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen."
 

- Reinhold Niebuhr

"I am not asking salvation from you;
I'm just asking to be saved for awhile;
In a timeless search for love that might work;
Still we're already paying the price."

- Stevie Nicks, Secret Love

"Keep the earth below my feet;
For all my sweat, my blood runs weak;
Let me learn from where I have been;
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn;
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn.

Just give me time;
You know your desires and mine;
So wrap my flesh in ivy and in twine;
For I must be well."

- Mumford & Sons, Below My Feet


"Not talkin' 'bout a year;
No not three or four;
I don't want that kind of forever;
In my life anymore;
Forever always seems;
to be around when it begins;
but forever never seems;
to be around when it ends;
So give me your forever;
Please your forever;
Not a day less will do From you.

People spend so much time;
Every single day;
Runnin' 'round all over town;
Givin' their forever away;
But no not me;
I won't let my forever roam;
and now I hope I can find;
my forever a home;
So give me your forever;
Please your forever;
Not a day less will do;
From you
."

- Ben Harper, Forever

"Battered and torn;
still I can see the light;
tattered and worn;
but I must kneel to fight."


"Hope is alive;
while we're apar;t
only tears;
speak from my heart;
break the chains;
that hold us down;
and we shall be;
forever bound."

- Ben Harper, I Shall Not Walk Alone

"What started as a whisper;
Slowly turned in to a scream.
Searching for an answer;
Where the question is unseen.


Amen omen,can I find the place within;
To live my life without you?

Amen omen, can I find the strength within."


- Ben Harper, Amen Omen

"I will not be broken;
I won't be turned away;
When it's too cold to breathe;
and too dark to pray;
I will not be broken.


I've come too far to give up;
or to be turned around;
I will not be broken;
I will not go down."

- Ben Harper, I Will Not be Broken

"Nothing is as beautiful;
As when she believes."
- Ben Harper, When She Believes

Kinda corny, sorry!

~E

 

No comments:

Post a Comment