Thursday, November 29, 2012

Casa de Croup

Well, HELLO WORLD...

We have been hiding under a rock...a CROUP rock.

Two weeks ago today Bentley woke up from his nap not feeling well and by that Friday he was a MESS.  After a trip to the Dr. we found out he had Croup and Strep Throat.  After a long few nights of him sleeping with us and several days on antibiotics he started feeling better.  By last Friday Grace was sounding horrible so I took her to the Dr. and...you guessed it, Croup.  She got a steroid shot that seemed to help right away.  I have been fighting a cold for over a month now and as soon as the pediatrician walked in the room and heard me she said "Oh, you have it, too and should call your doctor." GREAT.  After a trip to the doctor later that day my Strep & Mono tests came back neg, so YUP...Croup.  Bentley is much better; Grace and I are on the mend and doing much better, too. 

Yesterday was the first day I've left the house in about 2 weeks unless it was to the doctors or CVS for juice, pedialyte, or prescriptions. 

Bentley has been just being a 2-year-old.  He likes watching his new fish...


And doing 2-year-old things like this...


Grace is very mobile and mischevious now...I think its about time to retire her rocker...

 
 
 
 
 

Her hair is crazy, her eyes are HUGE with long lashes, and she's got the cutest cheeks...

 
 
 

She's getting to like the phone...looking at herself in it...so I have a feeling she'll be just like her brother with gadgets...

 

I've added some things to the Etsy Store, as well as a few things to my space at THE MIX.  Been doing a little crafting here and there.

Hope, our foster Olde English Bulldogge, is still in GA at the vet hospital.  She was in REALLY bad shape when the rescue received her.  She has turned the corner I am happy to say ~ she is eating dog food twice a day on her own and going outside.  She will likely remain in the hospital through this week but I plan to touch base with the vet himself directly on Friday.  From there/when released she'll go to boarding until she is cleared for her spay.  Then she'll hitch a ride to MA!  I'm HOPING she'll be cleared and can make the trip on Dec 13th, which is the last transport pick-up in GA before Christmas.  Otherwise, she'll hitch a Jan 3rd ride.  The 13th is cutting it close but I'm hopingggggggggg...she is doing so much better but we have to make sure she is 1) stable enough for surgery, 2) recovers from surgery OK, 3) stable enough for travel as it is very stressful.  Anywho, she'll be here before we know it!!!

That's it for now.  Just thought I'd letcha know what's been going on...WE'VE ALL BEEN SICK.  The rest of the week will be spent picking up, doing laundry, and getting some Christmas decorating done.  We are having company on Saturday so I'd like to have it looking a bit "holiday-ish" in here!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment