Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Santa's Workshop...

Those of you who know me know by now I'm crafty and creative.  (At least I think I am...unless someone tells me otherwise...?!)  You also know that over the course of being preggers with Bentley I refinished some furniture here & there and really began to enjoy it.  Several months ago I started picking up some small tables, chairs, and other 'oddities' on consignment mostly, but also a few goodies from Craigslist.  I've really enjoyed blogging and there are so many talented Moms that I follow, taking care of their families while balancing blogging/designing/being crafty & creative for a living.  I started working on some smaller pieces towards the end of the winter and then NADA.  So my wonderful hubby put together a workstation for me in the basement ~ he is so handy dandy that he even made my work table 'collapsible' in case we need room for something else.  My "area" has been waiting for me but I just haven't been able to get into the groove while taking care of my lil guy.  Here 'tis, waiting for me to make a mess...


FINALLY, I was able to get some quality time to start working on some pieces again.  My girlfriend came over to make some chalkboards and we painted away in the basement for HOURS...surrounded by furniture, she called it "Santa's Workshop." :) 


Hopefully this means there will be some furniture transformations coming your way and more importantly a vehicle (Etsy? Cragislist? Private sales?) for selling my goodies!  For now I hope to get some time to paint paint paint...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment