Monday, May 9, 2011

Hey, ERIN, It's Your Birthday...

What a 30th I had!!  So I had that little "realization" I'll call it...on the last day in my good ol' 20's and I was kind of a disaster.  On my birthday for the most part I was fine...but then late afternoon turned into a grumpy cranky-pants.  BUT my wonderful husband outdid himself... 

On my actual birthday we went out to one of our favorite restaurants, Willy's, for a deliciousssssss dinner and some vino.  My hubster spoiled me with something sparkly!  On Thursday I had dinner with the ladies from H-town and we had a blast as usual.  Then on Saturday I knew Chris had a surprise but I had no idea what!  We went to see Tornado Alley at the Museum of Sciene Omni Theater ~ I am OBSESSED with severe weather (tornados, thunder storms...) and I've been dying for it to come out since I started watching Storm Chasers on Discovery Channel.  For a weather geek like me, it was GREAT.  I thought we were heading home to pick up Bentley for part two of our day and when we turned down our street...well, well Christopher...it was LINED with cars.  My family and friends were there to greet me, there was food, cocktails, smiling faces, tons of babies, birthday cake, buffalo wings, and garlic paste!!  My cake had thirty individual candles, "Over the Hill" candles, and numbered "30" candles ~ just in case there was any doubt that I'd turned THIRTY. ;)  Dad even busted out Zoom's "Erin" Birthday song from 30 long years ago..."Hey, Erin, It's your birthday"...


At the Omni Theater...


CAKEEEE...Surprised the fire chief next door didn't come over, this puppy was a FIRE HAZARD...


Hanging out with ALL of the babies...


My boys were WORN OUT from playing and visiting...


And the OLD BAG, THE DIRTY 30 late night...even Hurley knew better and wanted to stay away...


Thank you from the bottom of my soul to my wonderful hubby for putting such a special day together for me.  ILY!  And thank you so much to my family and friends who made the drive to celebrate with me.  All my love and thanks!!!  I am SO incredibly lucky! 

xo
~E

No comments:

Post a Comment