Tuesday, May 3, 2011

GOODBYE 20's...

Usually I have a "birth month" as my friends used to call it, where I started my birthday countdown on April 4th...but the last couple of years as I've hit the late twenties that hasn't happened.  To be honest, I haven't thought too much about the "big 3-0" until this afternoon.  One of my dearest childhood girlfriends sent me an email to remind me that I have one more day in my 20's...I all of the sudden PANICKED!!!  I called a few girlfriends but no one answered, LOL.  I called the hubster begging him to come home early and do something "cool" with me.  He told me "I don't know what you're freaking out about it's not like you're gonna be using a walker all of the sudden tomorrow."  And then suggested I get a sitter and go sky-diving.  I HONESTLY thought about it for a minute.  Then I opened a cold Corona.  Yup, I did.  Bentley was napping and I decided I was going to have a cold afternoon beer by myself - HAHAHAHA - on the last day of my 20's.  I called Dad because I knew he would pick up and have something positive to say and he did...like I always tell him on birthdays..."IT'S ONLY A NUMBER!!"  He thought his early 30's were some of the best years of his life.  Thanks, Daddy-O.  So now I'm sitting here enjoying a frosty afternoon beer and decided to reflect back on my 20's.  I know I should be doing laundry but I want to take a few to think about the last DECADE...

My 20's started at good ol' Bryant College, where I enjoyed some of the best years of my life.  No worries other than studying and partying...and fortunately I was able to balance both.  I enjoyed LOTS of good times with the best friends a girl could ask for.  Four years of amazing memories ~ Hall 15, PH12, Rentes; Montreal, and the Bahamas.  I had to go to the archives for these puppies...


 While all of that was going on, this was going on as well...


I rang in 21 with a BANG!  A good ol' party at my Home Sweet Home, Pond Street...


We spent MANY New Year's at the Cape, calling M&D at midnight...


After college we still did lots of this (but at least most of us were working during the week)...


As I enjoyed every moment with my Christopher, my friends, and my family, my 20's had lots of "big" moments as well.  I graduated college completed my MBA immediately after.  Mum and Dad sold our family home and we moved from Hopkinton to Northbridge.  I went to work in the corporate world - which turned out to be financially beneficial but otherwise a big snooze.  As difficult as it was, I am still thankful for those years and that experience. 

One day after work Chris insisted that I come over...so I did after a long, tiring day at work and boy was I lucky I did.  That day in June 2005 my life forever changed and I got this GEM (OK, both of these GEMS)...


In July 2006 we purchased our first house, which we've completely renovated to make our own...Casa de Strazz...it has really become HOME over the last 5 years...


I am lucky enough to have married MY BEST FRIEND, MY SOULMATE, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, MY CHRISTOPHER.  We partied it up at our DREAM wedding on September 15, 2006...


Then we had a DREAM honeymoon in the South Pacific...Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora...

 

I have been lucky enough to share showers, weddings, Friends Thanksgivings, and other celebrations with those same crazies I call my besties...


We added this lil guy to the family, Uncle Hurley ~ born on March 5, 2008...


We renewed our wedding vows in Las Vegas on vaca with friends, July 15, 2009...


I certainly wish I could see more of this face...


And on July 17, 2010 the most precious GEM of them all arrived!  Bentley Christopher Strazzulla @ 2:25 PM, 6 LB / 11 OZ, 21 inches...


So all-in-all the 20's have been pretty INCREDIBLE!  Graduated college/MBA, got engaged & married to my soulmate, bought and settled into our first home, traveled a bit, spent some AMAZING times with friends and family, got our baby Hurley, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY welcomed our little guy Bentley to the family!  And now at 29 I have everything in the world...


I have the most amazing husband, son, and dog (he's family, too...go ahead and make fun of me...), Mum & Dad, in-laws, family, and friends a girl could ask for.  My boys make me smile and laugh every day.  Our parents love and support us no matter what we do.  Our familes and friends are there to enjoy and celebrate it all.  So, on the LAST and FINAL day of my roaring 20's I know I have it pretty damn good and it's all because of the wonderful people in my life. ily

Now when I'm truly "old," dragging myself around on my walker and can't remember my 20's, there you have it future Erin.  You are one lucky lady.


~E

No comments:

Post a Comment