Thursday, December 1, 2011

OH Hello...

It's been an interesting week or so here at Casa de Strazz.  We had a lovely Thanksgiving with family of course.  We spent the earlier part of the day at my Aunt and Uncle's house and had a delicious dinner.  Before din din, we snack on baby pickles and black/green olives ~ well I think my little friend has some new favorite foods.  He probably had about 10 pickles and another 10 olives.  He just kept shoving his mouth full of whatever he could fit in there.  He wasn't so much into the turkey but LOVED this sweet potato stuffing my cousin made.  Bentley had lots of fun visiting with his cousins and Great Aunts & Uncles.  Then we headed to Auntie Kristin and Uncle Joey's for dessert.  I continued to shove my face, naturally, while Bentley played with his cousins.  It was a long but nice day and we got home just in time for the munchkin's bedtime.

The B-Man has been fighting off a virus for a week or so.  The Saturday before Thanksgiving we were with friends and I noticed earlier in the day he seemed a little off, and then when he just wanted to snuggle with Daddy and I at the party I knew something was up.  So we took him home and he had a 101.1 fever.  A little Tylenol and his fever was gone; he just slept a lot during the following week and didn't have much of an appetite.  Towards the end of the week/Thanksgiving Day he seemed back to himself ~ then this past Saturday he took a four hour nap and woke up really warm.  He had a 103.2 fever but no other symptoms ~ no cold, no cough, nada.  I talked to the nurse on call at his Drs. office and we just gave him Tylenol and monitored him for the rest of the weekend.  His temp gradually came back down and was gone by Monday.  We headed to the Dr. anyways where they did some bloodwork to confirm that he is fighting off a virus ~ he's still tired but doing much better and on the mend.

On the pregnancy front - I have a growing appendage AKA belly and I am now in my 17th week.  I am subscribed to this website called Baby Center where you can receive weekly emails updating you of your pregnancy status and the baby's growth ~ and they conveniently compare your child to some type of fruit or vegetable.  This week BS2 is the size of an avocado.  Hehe.  In about a week and a half we have an ultrasound to confirm the baby's sex.


I haven't been feeling great so that's been a little tough.  I stopped taking my pregnancy nausea meds at 15 weeks and have been doing OK as far as the puking goes, but for some reason the last week+ my anxiety has REALLY been acting up.  It's been pretty tough because when it gets bad it becomes debilitating.  It hasn't been this bad in a very long time ~ YEARS.  I'm trying to work with it and do the best I can.  My OB was comfortable giving me a script to help in the short term so I have been taking that the last few days.  We also got our new elliptical machine set up (by "we" I mean my wonderful hubby timed himself setting it up to see if he could "beat" the estimated time it takes the pros to set it up and of course he DID!) so I've been using that the last couple of days and I'm confident that if I stick with it and start taking better care of myself it will help with my anxiety.  I'm back to being a little nauseous but I think its more anxiety related than the pregnancy pukes.  No biggie, a little tough right now but I'll live.   

Otherwise, Christmas shopping is mostly done.  I don't dare leave the house on Black Friday so I ordered mostly everything online before Turkey Day and only have a few things left to get.  This weekend I plan on putting up the Christmas decorations and we will get our tree on Sunday I think.  I'm excited for Bentley's "first" tree since he couldn't really enjoy it last year.  I am not so much in the holiday spirit yet so I'm hoping to turn the corner this weekend with some family decorating. 

Anywho, that's all for now!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment