Friday, April 5, 2013

A Goodbye Sign...

Hopie left me a week ago Tuesday.  Call me crazy but I believe in fate & signs.  On Tuesday, exactly a week later, while sitting on the couch this big white dog who was built like Hope, who I'd never seen on my street before, came happily running down the road past my house.  Call me nuts (I know I am, its OK), I think she sent that dog as a sign, a way of saying goodbye, and to let me know that she is OK and running free and painless again.

I picked up her ashes.  I don't know what I imagined but it was much harder than I thought - I was watching all of these dogs happily running out to their owners and my girl came out in a box.  I only had one choice - well, so no choice - of urn - an oak box via Tufts.  So I have a beautiful, modern, ceramic white urn being custom made for her.  The front will say "HOPE" and the back will say "IF I COULD LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN I WOULD HAVE FOUND YOU SOONER SO I COULD HAVE LOVED YOU LONGER."  Only the best for any of my babies, or my hubby - yes, hubster, you are one of Mamma's babies, too whether you like it or not.  I am glad to have her back with my physically as well as in spirit.  I still have her collar handy, along with her temporary urn - on my nightstand.

Today I've seen three signs so far of her presence...1) On Facebook this morning someone's profile pic was a little boy with "Hope" written on his hand, then 2) I bumped into a girl who had "Hope" tattooed on her wrist, then 3) In a little store there was a teeny ceramic angel laying on top of a little rock that said "Hope," as well as on the bag. 

The last pictures of my beautiful girl...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

ONE OF MY FAVORITES:


HEAVEN'S RAYS OF LIGHT WAITING FOR HER:


My sweet Hopie Girl, Mommy will meet you again someday on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.  Until then, wait for me and watch over us...

~E


No comments:

Post a Comment