Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Weight Challenge

OK so I realize maybe this is tacky or something but I figure by making it public and "reporting in" I will better be able to keep a handle on my post-baby weight loss.  Let's start with a few "fun" facts...

1. I usually weigh about 128.
2. When pregnant with Bentley ~ between week #8 (133 pounds) and week #38 I gained a whopping 51 pounds (184 pounds @ final weigh-in). 
3. Post-Bentley ~ I never got down past 164, a measly 20 pound loss.
4. When pregnant with Grace ~ between week #8 (164 pounds) and week #37 I gained 14 pounds (178 pounds @ final weigh in). 

As much as I hate to credit the diabetes diet I do have to say that I've had far fewer cravings for junky stuff post-pregnancy than I did with Bentley.  With him I was begging in the delivery room for fountain Coke.  Not that I haven't treated myself over the last three weeks, I'm just not shoving my face full of turkey dinner for breakfast.  About a week-and-a-half post-delivery I randomly weighed myself and found that I was already down to my pre-pregnancy weight...163!!  Over the weekend I weighed myself and I was down to 156!!

SO, I still have a ways to go ~ about 25-30 pounds but I'm confident I can get close!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment