Monday, February 11, 2013

Hope Update

So, I don't even know where I've left off in the Hope saga, but I'll try to keep it short...

She was supposed to be spayed a couple of weeks ago and when she got to the vet her blood sugar was so high she could not be put under anesthesia - it would risk her life.  Also, her left/ruptured eye has developed glaucoma.  The pressure should be 15 and it was 68.  So the vet was pretty confident that at this time it IS causing her discomfort.  After conversations with her GA vet, my vet, and the rescue - the agreed upon plan was to up her insulin and get her on some glaucoma & pain meds to keep her comfortable until she gets here.  WELL, I had three amazing ladies who were willing to split the trip for me this past weekend on Sat but obviously due to the storm the MA ladies couldn't go.  Also, Hope's blood sugar spiked again so they didn't want her to travel until it came down.

SO - Plan B - although nothing has gone right in 3 months now - is that on the 19th she'll be making her trip; and if that doesn't work it will be that following weekend.

I was all ready for her, too.  Beds, blankets, dishes washed; crate set up; a few new toys.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Such a long road.  But just trying to stay positive and she'll be HOME soon!



~E

No comments:

Post a Comment