Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fishing!

We spent time on Sunday at Lake Quinsig, where my cousins now live in my grandparents old house.  It was Bentley's first time fishing & we also celebrated Gampy's 65th Birthday. 

Gracie had her introductions...




Bentley checked out the pond with the bass in it...


Then we hit the dock to fish!  Bentley caught his first fish with Gampy's help!!  Then he quickly caught 4 more kivers!!!  Gampy helped the lil man catch his first 5 fish...little did we know after Bentley loved carrying his fishing pole around the house that he would be AFRAID of a live fish!!!!!


















My cousin Robby was pulling in bass right off the dock so I took the pole for awhile...and lost a Perch and 3 bass.  Quite the fisherwoman I am?!!  Guess I was a little rusty.  But I finally got one!



We headed up for lunch and some ball in the grass...







Bentley LOVED the boat so after climbing all over it and asking to be the "driver" we went for a ride.  I would like to point out a few things here...1) Gammy is on a boat...a boat that is actually moving in the water!!!!!! 2) Notice the similarity of Bentley and Gampy's windblown hair. 3) Cousin Robby let Bentley be the "driver" for real!!!

























After the boat ride it was raining so we went inside for cake, to play with my cousin Brett's pet critters (Nikki the snake & the new Leopard Gecko ~ which Bentley "wants one"), and some family pics (Gampy's still got some serious boat hair going on)...




















We hit the dock again.  This time Mommy helped Bentley with 3 more kivers ~ for a total of 8 on his first day fishing!  Then I took a few more casts and pulled in another bass.  Apparently I like to kiss the fish?!  Maybe I was just trying to show Bentley that they are harmless ~ ya, let's go with that...














Mommy and Daddy got a few quiet minutes on the dock to ourselves, but after the stinkin duck ate Daddy's bait we called it quits...



We visited for awhile longer and Bentley ran around before we finally packed up.







It was such a great day.  Bentley caught 8 fish with Gampy & Mommy's help.  (And Mommy got two bass while Daddy only got one!) For me, I got to take my son fishing where I grew up fishing...and I got to watch him fish with Gampy for his first time ever fishing...and again it was where I fished for the first time.  Although he was afraid of the fish - we'll work on that! - he had fun with his family, running around, and going on the boat.  It brought back a lot of memories for me and I know Papa would be proud!


That is one of my favorite places on earth ~ thanks, cousins!!!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment